Re: XBL Namespace uses the data: scheme

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:51:34 -0400
To: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>
Cc: dino@w3.org, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, prescod@gmail.com, "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org
Paul Prescod writes:

> URIs change when there is some information in them which changes.

Which begs the questions:  what sorts of information should be in a URI,
and who should or shouldn't depend on it being there?  This might be the
time to remind everyone that the TAG has been working on just those
questions under the banner metadataInURI-31 [1].  We have a draft finding
[2], which as of the last TAG F2F is quite close to final.  If this
discussion is going to turn to what should or shouldn't be encoded in the
text of a URI, I suggest giving the draft a look first.  Thanks!

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#metadatainURI-31
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31

Noah Mendelsohn