Re: Updated Working Draft: Enabling Discovery Of Alternative Representations

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:59:02 -0700
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>

The "default" HTTP way to solve the problem posed in section 2.1
would be server-driven conneg; i.e., sending the correct
representation in response to the request for http://example.com/
ubiquity/resource, along with the appropriate Vary header and a
Content-Location header that can be used to determine where that
specific representation can be found again.

If you're suggesting that redirection is better, it would be good to
say why.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham