RE: Draft of TAG position on use of unregistered media types in W3C Recommendations

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:49:13 -0400
To: "Williams, Stuart \(HP Labs, Bristol\)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, mbaker@gmail.com, www-tag@w3.org
> There's nothing wrong or embarrassing with the spelling: "publicise" :-)

Is that a British vs. American thing? My spellchecker and my online
dictionary both insist on the "z".  Google for "define: publicise" gives a
definition and says "Did you mean: define: publicize?".  When you say
"define: publicize" it does not offer the "s" alternative, suggesting that
it too considers the "z" form to be preferred.  Anyway, further discussion
of this important point is probably a bad use of bandwidth on www-tag.
Respond privately as desired.  Unless anyone strongly objects, it's going
to be "publicize" :-).

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street