Re: The self-describing web...

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 15:28 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> Several current TAG issues (at least namespaceDocuments-8 (maybe),
> xmlFunctions-34, RDFinXHTML-35, rdfURIMeaning-39, and
> namespaceState-48 (maybe)) relate, in one way or another, to the "self
> describing" nature of the web. That is, the principle that you can
> start somewhere and "follow your nose" to work out what you've got.

While hunting for DNS root stuff, I just re-discovered a DesignIssues
note on this topic...

 Axioms of Web Architecture: the meaning of a document
 Abstract: The meaning of a document is then the product of some text in
some language) and the meaning of the language. The text is found in a
document and the language defined in a document called a schema.

 Tim Berners-Lee
 Date: 1999, last change: $Date: 2002/12/05 16:15:47 $
when the Namespace argument came around again and I realized that where
there
 http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Meaning.html

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E