RDDL Nature of HTML was Re: The URI of a RDDL "nature"

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:52:15 -0500
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>

Regarding the nature of HTML4 I had initially proposed that the URI
of the REC be used:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4

This has caused discussion and raised the concern that there might be
conflation of this URI identifying a "W3C REC" i.e. a document vs.
identifying a RDDL nature (which we are suggesting is a class).

The way that I had initially considered this, the specification
*does* formally define a class of documents, namely those which
validate as HTML 4.01. The specification includes pointers to DTDs
etc. which allow such a validation test to be performed.

Alternatively we can define a RDDL document which describes HTML 4.01
(and via GRDDL allows RDF statements to be made about HTML 4.01). We
could use the URI http://www.rddl.org/natures/html#v4.01 as the
rddl:nature of HTML 4.01. My server doesn't seem to be properly
resolving that URI *** to the document that I've placed at:

http://www.rddl.org/natures/html.html

So please look at this and see if this is something appropriate to
describe the nature of HTML 4.

Jonathan

*** undoubtedly an Apache config thingy that I have to do