Re: RDDL natures and purposes

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:33:39 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Norman Walsh wrote:
> | I am perfectly happy to change the URI to something more
> appropriate
> | ... suggestions?
>
> Not for that one, but Henry pointed out that the nature of XML Schema
> is currently listed as http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema where
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema would be more appropriate.

Fixed. (changes that I can make with "pico" can generally be done
quickly :-))

As you can see http://www.rddl.org/natures/ has not received the
detailed editing that http://www.rddl.org/ has.

> | Finally, I have not received any feedback on the proposed
> revision of
> | RDDL to incorporate the "rddl:nature" and "rddl:purpose" attributes.
> | i.e.
> |
> | http://www.rddl.org/20050704/
>
> Uhm. I see "7. RDDL Attributes" in the ToC, but
> "7. Related Resources for RDDL" in the actual document.
>
> Given that RDDL 1.0 has become widely deployed since we started this
> excercise, I've been leading the TAG discussions away from any
> particular syntax and towards a common model.

I understand. Nonetheless I am trying to maintain the bits on the wire.

> | (this document needs more work but gives you the idea of what is
> | being proposed ... namely allowing <a rddl:nature="..."
> | rddl:purpose="..."> in addition to what is already in RDDL 1.0)
> |
> | is this something anyone has a strong feeling about (Tim and I
> are in
> | favor if that counts).
>
> I'm in favor too, I think.

Good. Unless I hear any objections -- I am going to post another
request for comments on XML-DEV -- I will clean this version up,
incorporate any new changes arising from these discussions, and issue
an update to RDDL.

Regarding the persistence policy for rddl.org -- I am happy to
maintain this until a more appropriate home presents itself.

Jonathan