[metadataInURI-31] A guide to where we stand on issue metadataInURI-31

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:44:50 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: "Stuart Williams" <skw@hp.com>

I've been asked to take responsibility for coordinating TAG work on issue
metadataInURI-31 [1].  It's an issue with a long history, and there's been
lots of earlier discussion.  To come up to speed I put together a summary
document to help me quickly find the highlights of earlier discussions.
Although I originally did this for my own benefit, I realized it might be
useful to others who are coming up to speed or "swapping in" again.  So, I
cleaned it up a bit and posted it at [2].

metadataInURI-31 is on the agenda for next week's TAG meeting [3].  You
may find my little guide useful in preparation, if only because it has
annotated links to much of the earlier discussion.  At the end I also
offer some tenative opinions on how we should move forward [4] and what
the main technical conclusions in the finding should be [5].   You can
assume that [2] basically captures what I think we should consider at the
F2F, and my positions coming in on what we should probably do.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in France next week.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#metadataInURI-31
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/metadatainURI31Roadmap.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/02/27-agenda.html

Noah Mendelsohn