Re: The xhtml:onkeypress architecture

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:59:13 +0100, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
>> I'm glad the HTML Working Group, although expired in 2004, managed to
>> skip the Last Call and Candidate Recommendation steps
>
> We didn't skip last call. As the status section of Modularization
> explains, Modularization 1.1 is a combination of an existing
> recommendation, which has been through last call, with a new appendix
> for XML Schema, which also went through last call.

Except that it is not. It adds quite an amount of attributes in the XHTML
namespace. Besides using xml:id I could now use xhtml:id on any number of
elements as well as xhtml:onkeypress as the subject of this thread
suggests. These are quite substantial changes from previous versions of
XHTML I'm sure not many implementors would've agreed to.

(Also, the Second Edition of XHTML 1.0 got a number of fixes that never
went into this specification probably due to lack of proper review.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>