FW: ban the use and implementation of UTF-7

fyi

________________________________

From: Deborah Goldsmith [mailto:goldsmit@apple.com]
Sent: 15 December 2006 03:29
To: Mark Davis
Cc: Misha Wolf; www-international@w3.org; ietf-charsets@iana.org; Michel
Suignard
Subject: Re: ban the use and implementation of UTF-7

Speaking as the other author, I agree. :-)

Deborah

On Dec 14, 2006, at 4:39 PM, Mark Davis wrote:

	Speaking as one of the authors, I think it is clear that UTF-7
should only be supported where really necessary; only in environments
that are not 8-bit clean. It was originally designed for email, but in
this day and age, 8-bit clean email transport is really not much of an
issue.

	Mark