RE: URNs, Namespaces and Registries

Marty,

You asked "Can TAG members please clarify if their gripes about XRI
would dissolve if XRIs begin with "http://xri.net" instead of "xri://",

Formally, the TAG consensus is that the answer to that question is
"Yes", with a reminder that the Web Architecture says "A URI owner
SHOULD provide representations of the resource it identifies" in [1].

Cheers,
Dave Orchard, for the W3C TAG

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#pr-describe-resource