Re: Approved TAG finding: Authoritative Metadata

Le 12 août 06 à 09:14, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> If we truly want to make authors have better tools for making their
> content more compliant, a start would be having the W3C invest more
> genuinely in its validators. The W3C HTML Validator is one of the user
> agents that ignores the Content-Type header when it comes to HTML vs
> XHTML; filed as bug 1500 about a year ago, still unfixed.

That would be definitely to have more support for the validators from
W3C and the Web community. If you know coders in perl and java, send
them along. That would be appreciated.

> Bjoern recently
> posted a detailed message listing the problems with the W3C
> validators and
> the team(s) behind it, in fact.

Just because from your web site, you seem to say that you prefer
exact facts.

[[[
No lying
--------
I will always tell the truth.
]]]
--
http://ian.hixie.ch/bible/policies
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:22:01 GMT

 From Bjoern's message

[[[
* Support from the W3C Team

I'm writing about what's lacking, so there is no opportunity to thank
Olivier Thereaux for his good work in the past few years, or other
members of the Quality Assurance Team for that matter.
]]]

-- Leaving W3C QA Dev. from Bjoern Hoehrmann on 2006-07-16 (public-qa-
dev@w3.org from July 2006)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qa-dev/2006Jul/0011
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:35:01 GMT

Bjoern made reproaches to the Comm Team for validation icons.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***