Re: Approved TAG finding: Authoritative Metadata

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:18:18 -0700
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On Aug 8, 2006, at 5:54 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I'm not sure what there is to agree or disagree about. It's just
> the way things are. That the finding doesn't take "the Web" into
> account, well...

The finding does take the Web into account.  It is well known that
browser
developers are too lazy to fix their HTTP bugs, that none of the content
type issues would exist if the browser developers simply fixed their
bugs,
and that eventually a security exploit will put them out of business
anyway.
Market forces.

The only thing the TAG can do is document how the architecture
is supposed to work, and thus who to blame when bugs get exploited.

....Roy