Re: Complete EPR example, as promised

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:29:14 -0400
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Henry - this thread started late last year when you implemented a
sample WS-A app, but I've just learned something that's directly
relevant so wanted to revisit it...

On 11/8/05, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:

> Henry,
>
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 04:45:49PM +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> > Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> writes:
> >
> > > . . .
> >
> > > Can I ask how you knew to POST it to that URI?
> >
> > Just to make sure I understand -- what's missing is that I should
> > POST, or that it's to that particular URI that I do it?
>
> Ah, right, sorry about the ambiguity.  I meant the latter.
>
> > Wrt the
> > latter, that's the URI in the EPR labelled wsa:Address,
>
> Right.  But nothing in the WS-A specs says that the wsa:Address value
> goes into the Request-URI in the HTTP envelope (or the RCPT TO command
> in SMTP, or ...); all it says is that it goes into the wsa:To header.

In fact, at the interop testing[1] the WG held back in January (which
was very successful, apparently), all the participants assumed that
the HTTP Request-URI identified a "Web services endpoint"[2], which is
inconsistent with your interpretation ... yet neither are inconsistent
with the specifications.

Cheers,

 [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/
 [2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/endpoints/