Re: EndpointRefs-47

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:20:05PM +0200, Vincent Quint wrote:
> At the end of the last TAG telcon, we were close to consensus about
> the text to ask WSA to put in their spec. Here is the last version Tim has
> put together at the end of the teleconference (see the draft minutes [1]):
>
> "Use of the abstract properties of an EPR other than wsa:address to identify
> resources is contrary to WebArch" For example, we note that WS-RF
> specification uses EPRs to identify information resources (such as for example
> experimental datasets in the Grid) which prevents hypertext links from being
> made to them. We said that, and then said that we realize that current tools
> may not make it easy to do things that way, e.g. because of dispatch issues.
>
> Reactions, comments?

Do the quotes around the first sentence indicate that it's all that's
proposed goes in the WSA spec?  Or is it the whole paragraph?

I think that even a few words about *why* it's good to only identify
with URIs, or at least suitable references to the relevant principles in
AWWW, would help.  e.g.

http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#pr-global-id
http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#pr-use-uris

Other than that, it looks fine!!

It looks like this issue is nearly resolved then, and that's great.  But
again[1], I feel I have to point out that what's being resolved, while
important, is largely orthogonal to the issue that was accepted.  So
could you please create a new issue?  Thanks.

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Oct/0001.html

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.          http://www.markbaker.ca