Re: Google Base and the Semantic Web

I'm a bit behind on reading the TAG list, but given that search engines
are pretty much the only reason that the Web works as well as it does
(HTML & HTTP are nice, but I remember the Web before search engines, and
it was rather grim), I don't see how the Semantic Web can ever work either
without search engines.  In practical terms, nobody has a clue how to make
the Web work without search engines; at least, nobody has ever
demonstrated such a thing that I am aware of.

Which is to say that getting Google and other search engines on board with
a common and workable approach to Semantic Web content has to be a #1
priority, because it's really the only game in town.

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates, Director
Information Design, Messaging and Management