W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2005

Re: Draft Agenda of 29 March 2005 TAG teleconference

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:15:28 -0600
To: Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1111774528.32006.165.camel@localhost>

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 16:54 +0100, Vincent Quint wrote:
> All,
> 
> Here is a draft agenda of  29 March  TAG teleconference
> (text version appended):
> 
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/03/29-agenda.html
| All, review the list of pending actions[10].

That list is really handy, but the way we discussed it
last time was kinda awkward. It was exactly according
to the BulkActionReview AntiPattern.
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/BulkActionReview

Please can each week's agenda clearly separate the
actions into
  -- those for discussion this week
  -- those to continue without discussion
  -- those to note done without discussion.

Rather than reviewing the list of actions at the end
of the administrative part of the agenda, just let
the "Accept this agenda?" item include moving the
actions between those three piles, ala
"please note my action about blortles done" or
"I finished my review of the zocknel draft,
and I'd like to discuss it. Please add that
to the agenda".

Here's my take on the status of the actions for this week:


Let's discuss these, either because www-tag shows progress
on them or because it doesn't and that's cause for discussion:

     1. Norm to pick up Paul Cotton's work on namespaceDocument-8
        [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/07-tagmem-irc]
     2. DanC own (i.e. propose to close) issue RDFinXHTML-35 [recorded
        in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]
     3. DanC to make an "educational materials" page, describe what
        we're interested in, and set expectations [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]
     4. Ed to review XRI and provide comments [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/03/22-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]
     5. Henry and David to draft initial finding on URNsAndRegistries-50
        [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/03/15-tagmem-irc]



Those should be explicitly on the agenda.
I think "new directions" is a uniquely face-to-face topic.
If anybody thinks any of the items in that list is important,
let them show it by making some progress and sending mail
or something.

Mixing the actions for discussion this week in with the items in
the proposed agenda (and flattening it to one ordered list), we
might get:


1. convene, take roll, review records and agenda

ACTION Henry: with help from Ed to draft proposal on where in date space
to put minutes [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/03/22-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

2. Reviewing WS-Addressing Core and SOAP Binding (email from Vincent)

3. Reviewing XML Query and XSL WG Last Call documents? (email from Paul
Cotton)

4. issue URNsAndRegistries-50

because this is somewhat urgent...

Ed to review XRI and provide comments [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/03/22-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]

and while we're in the neighborhood, let's explicitly continue
this or otherwise...

ACTION: Henry and David to draft initial finding on URNsAndRegistries-50
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/03/15-tagmem-irc]

5. issue httpRange-14

continue discussion from 15 March

6. namespaceDocument-8, RDFinXHTML-35

ACTION: DanC own (i.e. propose to close) issue RDFinXHTML-35 [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]

Note recent Review of "Storing Data in Documents" thread
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Mar/thread.html#86

and discuss impact on this action:

ACTION Norm: to pick up Paul Cotton's work on namespaceDocument-8
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/07-tagmem-irc]


7. Educational materials

ACTION DanC: to make an "educational materials" page, describe what
we're interested in, and set expectations [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]

not much progress... withdraw?



The other two categories of action can stay on the separate
action tracking page...

Let's note this done without discussion:
     1. DanC to let QA and w3t-comm know about TAG's educational
        materials ideas and relay JK's note about coordiated materials
        [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc] -- waiting
        for a reply to email


Let's continue these without discussion:

     1. Henry to monitor [RFC3023bis wrt fragmentInXML-28] and bring
        back up when time is appropriate. [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/02/07-tagmem-irc]
     2. NDW to work with HT, DO on namespaceState [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/02/22-tagmem-minutes#action04]
     3. Roy to prepare putMediaType-38 for further discussion [recorded
        in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/22-tagmem-minutes#action07]
     4. HT to review the XBC documents with help from Noah [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]
     5. NW to frame the erratum as proposed by CL as an entry for the
        erratum page [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/02/28-tagmem-irc]
     6. Noah to own draft skeleton of SchemeProtocols-49 finding and
        send around for comments. [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/03/08-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]
     7. Tim to provide a draft of new namespace policy doc
        (http://www.w3.org/1999/10/nsuri) and start discussion on
        www-tag [recorded in
        http://www.w3.org/2005/03/08-tagmem-minutes.html#action04]
     8. David Orchard to contextualize his scenarios, such as more on
        what is happening with SOAP and WSDL. [recorded in Minutes of
        the W3C XML Schema Working Group 4th (37th) F2F meeting]
     9. Ed and Norm to review XML Binary Characterization use cases
        document. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/03/15-tagmem-irc]

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Friday, 25 March 2005 18:15:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:33 GMT