Re: Review of "Storing Data in Documents"

At 18:02 22/03/05 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Actually, the Communiqué focussed quite a bit on putting the mapping hooks
> > into the XML Schema for a namespace, and that seems to be exactly what's
> > shown at [2].  So, it took 5 years, big deal!
>
>:)
>
>Aside from the time... it also involved going from a declarative mapping
>to a turing-complete (procedural) solution, which isn't ideal, so the
>declarative approaches should still be persued, or at least discussed.

I think there may be a false dichotomy here, or at least some
terminological confusion.

In short, as I understand the term, "declarative" can be "Turing
complete".  I thought that was what XSLT (along with functional programming
languages) actually achieves.

Am I missing something here?

#g

Graham Klyne