RE: IETF XML formats use lots of URNs for namespace names

The OASIS UBL Naming and Design Rules recommend using URN's for
namespace names:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-NDR-1.0

Others have also adopted URNs for namespace names:

New Zealand government:
http://www.e-government.govt.nz/docs/urn-200401/index.html

RFC 3622 - A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Liberty
Alliance Project
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3622.html

I found the above with a short web search and am sure that we could find
more.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329