Re: C14N isn't widely used?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:36:57 -0500 (EST)
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
cc: Tim Bray <Tim.Bray@Sun.COM>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>

> For genx this would be fairly easy since genx doesn't do document
> subsets, which are where all the real gotchas pop up. However, it's also
> inappropriate for genx to do this.

It wasn't clear to me what the antecedent of "this" is.

I agree with the rest of Elliot's posting.  Let emphasize
something important: To do exc-c14n, every party doing it either
needs schema-awareness, to know when a QName is in the content,
or meta-data known as the inclusive namespaces prefix list.
One could imagine a PI that contained this data:
        <? exc-c14n-inclusive-namespaces "dp xslt" ?>

Hope this helps.
        /r$