RE: More on distinguishing information resources from other reso urces

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:56:48 -0500
To: 'Jonathan Borden' <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Cc: 'www-tag' <www-tag@w3.org>

Humans fail Turing Tests consistently.

The test is only interesting if the machine can tell
that the resource is an information resource.  That
would be a test of the architecture.

len

From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Jonathan Borden

I expect that if we outfitted Mark with a heads up display and keyboard that
allowed him to view HTTP GET requests to http://www.markbaker.ca/ that he
would be perfectly capable as acting as a standards compliant, if not a tad
slow, HTTP 1.1 server. In that case he *would* in fact be an information
resource, no? ***

Jonathan

*** I am framing a sort of Turing test for information resources :-))