RE: More on distinguishing information resources from other resources

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:53:03 -0400
To: "'Dan Connolly'" <connolly@w3.org>, "'Henry S. Thompson'" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: "'www-tag'" <www-tag@w3.org>

Dan,

> I think it's plain that Mark is not an information resource,
> so there's something of a contradiction, or at least a potential
contradiction, here.

I expect that if we outfitted Mark with a heads up display and keyboard that
allowed him to view HTTP GET requests to http://www.markbaker.ca/ that he
would be perfectly capable as acting as a standards compliant, if not a tad
slow, HTTP 1.1 server. In that case he *would* in fact be an information
resource, no? ***

Jonathan

*** I am framing a sort of Turing test for information resources :-))