RE: Agenda of 28 June 2005 TAG teleconference

From: Rice, Ed (HP.com) <ed.rice@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:25:46 -0700
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>
Cc: <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>, <www-tag@w3.org>

Our expert at HP is Greg Astfalk.  He has offered to come and talk to
the TAG as well.

"The advancement of Grid in the enterprise is dependant upon common
practices and the adoption of industry standards. As an active
participant and board level member of the EGA, HP views the launch of
the industry's first Reference Model for Grid for the data center an
important step towards achieving this goal."

- Greg Astfalk, chief scientist, Office of Strategy and Technology, HP

He's been published/quoted several times.  A few pointers;

Grid computing: The future in review [1]
Vendors attempt to break barriers to grid [2]
Grid computing improves efficiency in the corporate world [3]
+++

1 - http://www.gridtoday.com/03/0609/101507.html
2 -
http://search390.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid10_gci916039