IESG questions on the future of media type registration

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:27:53 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: mnot@mnot.net

Greetings,

The IESG have recently submitted an Internet Draft asking some questions
of the community regarding the future of media type registration.  This
is in response to the recent (though still ongoing, last time I checked)
move to separate media types from MIME.

It seems to me that these questions are important to the Web as well as
the Internet at large, so I thought the TAG might like to chime in.

The I-D is;

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-media-type-00.txt

Cheers,

Mark.