RE: TAG directions

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:44:24 -0500
To: "'noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com'" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "'www-tag@w3.org'" <www-tag@w3.org>

The members of the W3C probably require more justification
for this group spending more time on the SemWeb where the
business case has not been made and less time on the
Web Services domain where a business case is being made.

Substantial investments are being made in fielding web
service technologies for mission critical systems including
homeland security.  The statement 'this is hard' from the
mail cited below is not convincing given that web services
are being fielded.  It may be the case that no obstacles
to their implementation that challenge the architecture
have been presented, so no actions are required (ie,
works fine with OFWeb).

len

From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com

Our main subject for the upcoming face to face meeting is "TAG
Directions".  Tim set down some ideas in the note at [1], and I've been
giving a lot of thought to where I think we should go.   The attached HTML
document sets out some of my ideas.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Apr/0054.html