Re: STD 66,RFC 3986 on Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax

Dare I ask how this will solve the lack-of-encoding issue of get
request parameters ?
Currently, I think, most server infrastructures consider the encoding
of %xx sequences as being the ASCII, ISO-8859-1, or the platform
encoding... special care is needed to avoid this and consider them
UTF-8-encoded (I think, this spec proposes that).

How are implementors expected to react ?

paul