WS-Addressing and URIs (was Re: Agenda: TAG Telcon 24th January 2005

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:18:26 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:41:58PM -0000, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:
>    [Will accumlate potential TAG issues and will discuss if time allows]
>     1. See [21]Email from Mark Baker: "WS-Addressing SOAP binding & app
>        protocols"
>        Suggest TAG members review "[22]Web Service Addressing - Core"
> and
>        "[23]Web Service Addressing - SOAP Binding"

Though not related to my proposed issue, I thought the TAG would be
interested to learn of a, IMHO, *very* encouraging decision by the
WS-Addressing WG at their face-to-face earlier this week; reference
properties, which were previously described[1] as;

"A reference may contain a number of individual properties that are
required to identify the entity or resource being conveyed."

will be removed[2], leaving the URI as the only other component of an
EPR licensed to be used for identification.

FWIW, this decision addressed the previous concern[3] that I brought to
the attention of the TAG.

Thanks.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-ws-addr-core-20041208/#_Toc77464318
 [2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i001