Glossary of Terms for Device Independence

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:06:02 +0100
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hello taggers,

It might be useful to discuss and send feedback on

Glossary of Terms for Device Independence
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-di-gloss-20050118/

for consistency with Webarch. In particular, on a brief reading I note
'Resource Manifestation' which seems very like 'Representation', and a
claim that a URI is a unique identifier.

In general, having definitions of such terms is a good thing, and the DI
WG is to be applauded for creating this glossary. I suspect that it will
see use outside of a DI context. So its as well to check that the terms
and definitions are amenable to a wider usage.

Its food to see that each definition has a unique identifier in the
document.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group