Re: Minutes of 10 Jan 2005 Telcon

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:49:05 -0500
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Norm:

Thanks for doing this.  One suggested correction before we formally accept
the minutes.  Regarding one quote from me:

<asMinuted>
The Schema WG feels that they have some ownership over the extensibility
and versioning issue. But they also see that it's a much larger issue.
</asMinuted>
<whatITriedToSayontheCall>
The Schema WG feels that they have some ownership over the extensibility
and versioning issue especially in relation to the W3C XML Schema
Recommendation and secondarily regarding XML as a whole. They also agree
that it's a larger issue that goes beyond one schema language;  indeed the
TAG's interest may extend beyond XML (e.g. RDF versioning, etc.).
</whatITriedToSayontheCall>

If it can be fixed without too much trouble I think it's worth doing, as
ownership of the versioning problem seems to be a tricky issue.  If it's a
lot of trouble, you can let it go, and this entry in the email archives
will serve as a secondary record.  Thanks.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142