Re: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:19:18 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Le 18 févr. 2005, à 10:22, Norman Walsh a écrit :
> I'm hoping that the combination of namespace name and version will be
> sufficient. Making the version a URI might be a good idea though,
> since DocBook can be extended by others. (Without changing the
> namespace!? Yep. Such has it always been with DocBook.)

There are many languages where we can't give the version information.
What's happening with composite documents with multiple namespace? How
do we go back to the version information?

For example how do I know if I use xml:id version 1.0 or xml:id version
2.0 (if there will be one in the future? Or even funnier if xml:id
becomes part of a future XML 2.0

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***