Re: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:28:28 +0100
To: "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@rnib.org.uk>
Cc: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, www-tag@w3.org

On Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 9:33:50 AM, David wrote:

> [...]

The focus should probably be on getting application developers to use
catalogs, so that users don't have to know about them and see no
difference when online or offline.

PD>   I would hate XML and its applications to become a tool
PD> for connected users only.

Agreed. Really annoying to be editing a doc on a plane, and it times out
for a couple of minutes and then says the xhtml dtd is not available :)

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead