Re: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

Hi Elliotte,

Le 14 févr. 2005, à 04:25, Elliotte Harold a écrit :
> A test suite that did test document subset canonicalization would be
> very helpful. It's a shame that C14N and exclusive C4N were allowed to
> get out the door without a normative test suite. Later efforts at the
> W3C seem to be doing better with this.

It's not as easy as that but yes I completely agree with you. Test
Suites are very good, not enough but very good. It takes times to
create test suites, it takes times to run implementation reports. In
the Quality Assurance (QA) WG, we try to push Working Groups to do it
at the earliest stage of the life of the WG.
Read the QA Spec GL for that.
	http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/

For the specific topic of C14N (Joint effort of IETF and W3C), you
might be interested by:

http://www.w3.org/Signature/2000/10/10-c14n-interop
http://www.w3.org/Signature/2002/02/01-exc-c14n-interop
http://www.w3.org/Signature/2001/04/05-xmldsig-interop