Re: URI Renting Re: minutes: TAG teleconference 2004-09-13 for review

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:09:03 -0400
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

Le 29 sept. 2004, à 09:55, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> I can explain where I got this information:
>
> "you really are owner of your domain, as explained on point 1 of our
> contract,"
>  -- http://gandi.net/whowe.html.en
>
> "I. USE OF DOMAIN NAME AND GANDI SERVICES
>
> 1.
> The Client owns the Domain Name registered. Gandi simply acts on the
> Client's
> behalf. Client acknowledges that Gandi services consist only of
> including in
> the shared Domain Names database ..."
>  -- http://gandi.net/contract.en.txt

ok if I understand correctly:

- Domain name is yours and basically free?
- You pay the service of having your domain name activated.

So if I stop pay the domain name, it should not be owned by another
entity, just disappear from the database.
And be blocked to other entity requesting it, which is not the case
right now. It's why I say we don't own a domain name.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***