RE: "information resource"

From: Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org]

BCLL> Try to conceive of a test for 'information space'.

>Well, one can, with the drawback that everything tested passes. So its
>not usefully testable.

Correct.  And when a term does not discriminate, it conveys no
information (fully entropic).  The term is a placeholder, the
outermost brace, or the set of sets.  You could say it is
the *resource set*, a zero-based origin.  Note I did not
say it is the *web resource set*.

So "information space" is colloquially useful, but not computable
as an ontological member (if I use it as a theory, it does not
identify a resource itself).

len