RE: Re: Information resources?

Yes, and that towel should have been thrown in a long time ago...

> > So http://xmlns.com/wordnet/2.0/Hoary_Marmot redirects to...what?
>
> Perhaps to http://xmlns.com/wordnet/2.0/Hoary_Marmot/about
> which is content-negotated to
>            http://xmlns.com/wordnet/2.0/Hoary_Marmot/about.rdf
> to get the current data.
>
> Or index.rdf like Patrick suggests.

Well, the choice of 'index' is influenced by legacy practice. 'about' would
be more meaningful for humans -- not that the distinction has any significance
to the machinery, given the opacity of URIs.

And in addition to such a methodology as proposed earlier, folks would be
much better off using URIQA to allow folks to simply ask explicitly for
the formal, machine-processable description of the resource in question,
and bypass the semantically fuzzy representations altogether  ;-)

> > Nothing is perfect.
>
> Except my love for this thread.   <sigh>   :-)

Patrick