RE: Information resources?

Being identified by a URI is, I think, implicit in the definition of
"web resource" because in order for a resource to have web accessible
representations, one must be able to interact with those representations
via a URI (insofar as the web machinery is concerned).

> (or perhaps
> indirectly through a IFP value that is a URI, though this is
> less clear and
> brings in OWL matters that don't necessarily apply to much of the web
> technologies).
>
> > Agreed. The URI used to denote a resource should be distinct
> > from the URI to denote its representation (unless, of course,
> > the resource and representation are the same -- as would be
> > the case of the representation of a representation, which
> > would correspond to a bit-equal copy of itself).
>
> Yes. Another time when a resource and it's representation are
> one and the same
> would be a software patch or any other item where downloading
> the file itself
> is the whole point of it being there. Of course in both these
> cases there could
> be other representations as well, just as there can be
> multiple representations
> for any resource.

Right.

It would be nice to see some discussion of this in AWWW, i.e.
that (a) a representation can be a URI denoted web resource,
and  (b) the representation of a representation is a bit-equal copy
of the resource itself.

Nice to see, though not essential...

Patrick