RE: Information resources?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:43:41 +0100
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Quoting "Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com" <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>:

> Yes. A "web resource" is a subclass of "resource".
>
> A "resource" is a "resource".
> A "web resource" is a "resource".
> A "representation" is a "resource".

No, a representation is a resource only if there is a URI (or perhaps an RDF
BNode) for the represetation. Most of the time there isn't. It's still a thing
though, so it could potentially be a resource. It's URI would not be the same
as the URI of the resource it represents.

> > The difference between the web and semantic web layer is
> > whether having *any*
> > understanding of what that resource is an AI-complete problem or not.
>
> I think I agree with that ;-)

We've agreed twice in one day. Maybe I'm not feeling well or something ;)

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>