RE: Information resources?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:57:06 +0100
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Quoting "Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com" <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>:

> A "web resource" is significant to the web layer.
> A "resource" is significant to the semantic web layer.

To my mind a resource is a resource. If it has a URI it is a resource, and it is
the same resource whatever technology is using the URI (otherwise the U and I
don't hold).

The difference between the web and semantic web layer is whether having *any*
understanding of what that resource is an AI-complete problem or not.

> Whether the term itself is "web resource" or "booga" or "pumpkin",
> should still be a matter of discussion (as long as the term is *not*
> "information resource" ;-)

Can't say that I favour "pumpkin" ;)

Jon Hanna
"…if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably not a
ConceptualWork about a duck." - Mark Baker