RE: referendum on httpRange-14 (was RE: "information resource")

Allowing literals as subject came up numerous times in the WG during the
process of updating the RDF specs, both in conjunction with the work on
datatyping and separately, and each time, was voted to be too great a
change.

> It is allowed in full N3, and I use it  often in practice.

Literals as subjects are also allowed in TriX.

It is also possible to devise a URI scheme that has bidirectional
mapping to/from typed literals. E.g.

   "val:(" DATATYPE_URI ")" LEXICAL_FORM

   where DATATYPE_URI and LEXICAL_FORM are URL-encoded.

E.g.

   <val:(http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ew3%2Eorg%2F2001%2FXMLSchema%23lang)en>
      owl:sameAs "en"^^http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#lang ;
      rdfs:label "English" .

etc.

Who knows, though, when the process for officially adding such improvements
to RDF, such as typed literal subjects, would begin...

Patrick