RE: referendum on httpRange-14 (was RE: "information resource")

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:19:45 -0500
To: 'Walden Mathews' <walden@eqwality.com>, Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Do URIs really map to representations in time?

That would be called an 'event'.  No, that's
not a new idea nor would I claim it as one.
However, in circles where access has to be
policy-constrained, the notion of 'event types'
is very powerful as a means of contextualizing
rights.  We need to take this discussion
elsewhere, though.

len

From: Walden Mathews [mailto:walden@eqwality.com]

Representations are also solid bits, and time
seems comparatively "solid" too.  What if a URI
is the name of a relation that maps from time
to representations?

The idea is not new.