RE: referendum on httpRange-14 (was RE: "information resource")

It's an odd thing to do, but I don't see why you can't have e.g.

   <http://example.com/blargh> owl:sameAs "http://example.com/foo"^^xsd:anyURI .

Thus, <http://example.com/blargh> identifies the specific
URI "http://example.com.foo". Note that the above statement is not
the same as

   <http://example.com/blargh> owl:sameAs <http://example.com/foo> .

I.e. in the first case, <http://example.com/blargh> is identifying the
URI, the string conforming to the lexical constraints for URIs, and
is not (necessarily) identifying what the URI "http://example.com/foo"
itself identifies.

--

How having one URI identify another URI would be useful is unclear to me.

But in principle, a URI is a thing, and if a URI can identify anything,
then one URI can certainly identify another URI.

And having an RDF description of <http://example.com/blargh> available
allows one to clarify that it identifies a URI, which is quite clear
from the first RDF statement above.

Patrick