Re: [Fwd: RE: "information resource"]

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> [...]

That doesn't help  - '*fundamental substance*' is undefined; I
contend the definition is not easily captured.  I myself do not know
whether a dog could be an information resource:

   http://www.fhcrc.org/science/dog_genome/

Can someone clarify what is lost when the concept of information
resource is taken away? Or what is gained when it is present?

cheers
Bill