RE: [Fwd: RE: "information resource"]

Well....

Feel free to "view" this matter however you like, for your *own* applications,
but many of us already have DEPLOYED, SUCCESSFUL applications which explicitly
exclude such a view, and therefore do not presume that such a view will be
easily, or ever, foisted upon the web community.

> -- I know this point
> is controvercial),

It's not simply controversial, it's highly unrealistic, since you're not
going to get folks to abandon their existing, proven solutions just because
you prefer to see things modelled in a more restrictive manner -- which is
*proven* to have scalability and performance issues (being forced then to
mess with fragment identifiers and indirect access, etc.)!

I've challenged [1] those holding this view to prove that this approach
offers more utility and benefit, in actual practice, for real-world
applications, than the more general, agnostic view, and that challenge
still stands.

This is not a matter of which model is more esthetically or conceptually
pleasing, but which one is better for deploying real-world applications.
We are not doing thought experiments here (or at least, most of us are not).
Demonstrate that your narrower view is better for a sufficiently broad
range of web applications, including (and particularly) those which are
already successfully deployed which adopt the more general, agnostic view.

Regards,

Patrick

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Oct/0093.html