Re: [Fwd: RE: "information resource"]

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:42:48 -0400
To: algermissen@acm.org
cc: www-tag@w3.org

> Sandro Hawke:
>
> > [...] Some of us think that an HTTP "200 OK"
> > response on a GET or HEAD for some URI means it identifies an
> > information resource,
>
> Hmm....and if, at a future point in time, the response will be
> a 404? Does the resource cease to be an information resource?

No, the point is that since only an information resource can have a
representation (as some of us view these things -- I know this point
is controvercial), a 200 OK on a GET of a URI implies that the URI
identifies an information resource.   A 404 implies something quite
different (something about the URI owner I guess!) but says nothing
about whether it's an information resource.

     -- sandro