W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2004

TAG telcon Agenda: 18th October 2004

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:55:12 +0100
Message-ID: <8D5B24B83C6A2E4B9E7EE5FA82627DC9396CBD@sdcexcea01.emea.cpqcorp.net>
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

The agenda for our 18th October telcon is available at

	http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/18-tag.html

and as text below.

Regards,

Stuart Williams
--
========================================================================
=

                Agenda of 18th October 2004 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [3]Teleconference details - [4]issues list ([5]handling new
   issues) - [6]www-tag archive

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.html
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

1. Administrative (15 mins)

    1. Roll call. Regrets: None
    2. Meeting Records
         1. Update on [7]minutes of the 9-11 August f2f
         2. Accept minutes of [8]5th-7th October F2F
         3. ACTION CL: Chris collect IRC logs from last f2f ( cf
            [9]pointers for assembling meeting minutes of 11 Aug) and
            turn into minutes.
    3. Accept this [10]agenda? Continue these without discussion:
          + ACTION PC: create draft summary for AC, get it to Steve
Bratt
            by Oct 22
          + ACTION TBL: to investigate possible staff contact for TAG,
            due date 20 October 2004

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/09-11-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/05-07-tag.html
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Aug/0026.html
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/18-tag.html

  1.1 TAG Charter (10 mins max!)

   DONE: ACTION SW: get a timescale from Ian about charter revision and
   availability
    1. Does the TAG have a concensus view on the draft of the revised
       [11]TAG charter (member visible)
       Proposal: The TAG welcomes the revisions proposed in the
[12]draft
       TAG Charter. (member visible)

     [11] http://www.w3.org/mid/1097519162.1220.160.camel@seabright
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/11-tag-charter.html

2. Technical (75 min)

   See also [13]open actions by owner and [14]open issues.

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 Review of 2nd Last Call Document (30-45mins)

    1. Generalised Representations: ACTION NM: to take a run through to
       see how generalizing 'representation' to be less constrained
would
       look with more careful terminology, report on whether this looks
       feasible or not.
    2. report from the editor:
          + ACTION NDW: to fix cross references to "uri allocation" that
            read "uri assignment"
          + ACTION NDW: add "for more info, see also" link to [15]a
            section of a QA spec to 4.x
          + ACTION NDW: to produce an editor's draft by 14 Oct (COB EDT)
    3. Note LC#2 Actions done (close the threads that we can close!)
       DONE: ACTION DC: make sure "web faster" doesn't bother the chair
       next time he's doing an agenda. DONE: ACTION NDW: to note this
       thread [closed] in the archive per msg from gk. DONE: ACTION SW:
       to respond to Pat Hayes giving proposed resolution of Information
       Resource
    4. [16]LC#2 Status Open Threads Revision: 1.5 of Date: 2004/09/28
       17:18:44 [Trimmed snapshot]
       [Must visit: [1,3], 7, 20]
         1. "information resource"
               o DONE: ACTION SW: to respond to Patrick Stickler giving
                 proposed resolution of Information Resource
               o [17]...
               o [18]2004-10-12T09:58:25Z from Patrick.Stickler
               o [19]2004-10-12T10:10:18Z from Patrick.Stickler
         2. non-authoritative syntaxes for fragment identifiers
               o [20]...
               o [21]2004-09-27T23:38:25Z from myriam.amielh
         3. new text for Information Resource (section 3.1)
               o [22]...
               o DONE: ACTION SW: to respond to Sandro giving proposed
                 resolution of Information Resource
               o [23]2004-10-11T13:18:55Z from skw
         4. resources/representations [was: random comments on 2nd LC of
            WebArch] resources/representations [was: random comments on
            2nd LC of WebArch]
               o [24]2004-09-13T18:38:08Z from connolly
               o 2004-09-20T19:00:00Z minute:
related to information resource, will leave pending. Note Roy's action.
         5. too positive on extensibility [was: random comments on 2nd
LC
            of WebArch] too positive on extensibility [was: random
            comments on 2nd LC of WebArch]
               o [25]...
               o DONE: ACTION CL: to respond to the commenter for issue
8
                 pointing to the new draft on extensibility
               o [26]2004-10-05T13:14:34Z from chris
               o [27]2004-10-05T14:25:36Z from dom
         6. section 2.2 - what does it mean to 'take on meaning'
               o [28]...
               o [29]2004-09-20T20:48:11Z from connolly
         7. Use of "assign" for URI -> resource
               o [30]...
               o DONE: ACTION SW: to tell the commenter.
               o DONE: ACTION SW: to make this response to Larry
               o [31]2004-10-11T15:39:27Z from skw
               o [32]2004-10-11T16:59:53Z from LMM
         8. Comments from the QA WG on WebArch 2nd LC (extensibility)
               o [33]...
               o [34]2004-09-22T13:35:11Z from skw
         9. Cyberspace analogous to set of all sets: URIs & URLs
               o [35]2004-09-20T11:05:33Z from drewangel
               o [36]2004-09-27T21:24:32Z from connolly
        10. Representation of a secondary resource?
               o [37]2004-09-21T15:54:05Z from jacek.kopecky
               o ACTION DC: to reply to commenter re primary and
                 secondary resources.
        11. KD 002 [was: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05]
               o [38]2004-09-22T20:29:42Z from ndw
               o [39]2004-09-28T17:55:06Z from karl
               o ACTION DC: point out new "URIs are central to web arch"
                 text in reply to Karl, ask if that satisfies
        12. [Tim Bray] Review of webarch-20040816
               o [40]2004-09-23T19:08:43Z from Norman.Walsh
               o [41]2004-09-24T18:07:29Z from ndw
        13. KD 004 [was: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05]
               o [42]...
               o DONE: ACTION CL: respond to Karl regarding KD004
               o [43]2004-10-07T09:45:09Z from chris
        14. URIs and resources (Was: AWWW, 20040816 release, sections 1
            and 2) URIs and resources (Was: AWWW, 20040816 release,
            sections 1 and 2)
               o [44]2004-09-29T08:06:58Z from gk
        15. HTML WG last call comment on
            http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
               o [45]...
               o DONE: ACTION SW: ask the HTML WG if the qualification
we
                 made regarding XLink satisfies their comments.
               o [46]2004-10-12T10:15:56Z from skw
        16. Editorial comments on 28 Sep 2004 Editor's Draft of Web Arch
               o [47]....
               o [48]2004-10-13T18:28:37Z from ndw
        17. Re: too positive on extensibility [was: random comments on
            2nd LC of WebArch]
               o [49]...
               o [50]2004-10-05T14:25:36Z from dom
        18. Late last-call comment on AWWW
               o [51]2004-10-05T21:46:33Z from gk
        19. Some thoughts on effective access to "primary" vs
"secondary"
            resources, consistency of descriptions, and bootstrapping
the
            semantic web...
               o [52]2004-10-08T08:27:19Z from Patrick.Stickler
        20. KD005 thru KD016: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05
               o [53]2004-10-13T21:44:34Z from connolly

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#extensions
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html
     [17]
http://www.w3.org/mid/1E4A0AC134884349A21955574A90A7A56471BA@trebe051.nt
c.nokia.com
     [18]
http://www.w3.org/mid/1E4A0AC134884349A21955574A90A7A56471BA@trebe051.nt
c.nokia.com
     [19]
http://www.w3.org/mid/1E4A0AC134884349A21955574A90A7A56471BB@trebe051.nt
c.nokia.com
     [20] http://www.w3.org/mid/4158A471.5000304@cisra.canon.com.au
     [21] http://www.w3.org/mid/4158A471.5000304@cisra.canon.com.au
     [22] http://www.w3.org/mid/416A883F.4050203@hp.com
     [23] http://www.w3.org/mid/416A883F.4050203@hp.com
     [24] http://www.w3.org/mid/1095100688.6086.557.camel@dirk
     [25] http://www.w3.org/mid/261826281.20041005151434@w3.org
     [26] http://www.w3.org/mid/261826281.20041005151434@w3.org
     [27] http://www.w3.org/mid/1096986336.3137.115.camel@cumulustier
     [28] http://www.w3.org/mid/1095713291.6086.653.camel@dirk
     [29] http://www.w3.org/mid/1095713291.6086.653.camel@dirk
     [30] http://www.w3.org/mid/416AA92F.1020707@hp.com
     [31] http://www.w3.org/mid/416AA92F.1020707@hp.com
     [32] http://www.w3.org/mid/0I5F00H5GJ7TZJ@mailsj-v1.corp.adobe.com
     [33] http://www.w3.org/mid/41517F8F.8030808@hp.com
     [34] http://www.w3.org/mid/41517F8F.8030808@hp.com
     [35]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20040920110533.JVAV9978.mta13.adelphia.net@mail.ad
elphia.net
     [36] http://www.w3.org/mid/1096320272.24259.427.camel@dirk
     [37] http://www.w3.org/mid/1095782045.2943.125.camel@Kalb
     [38] http://www.w3.org/mid/877jqmqc7d.fsf@nwalsh.com
     [39]
http://www.w3.org/mid/882C451E-1177-11D9-AF97-000A95718F82@w3.org
     [40] http://www.w3.org/mid/877jqk951g.fsf@nwalsh.com
     [41] http://www.w3.org/mid/87acvfpmla.fsf@nwalsh.com
     [42] http://www.w3.org/mid/1372979252.20041007114509@w3.org
     [43] http://www.w3.org/mid/1372979252.20041007114509@w3.org
     [44]
http://www.w3.org/mid/5.1.0.14.2.20040929090221.032cc2c8@127.0.0.1
     [45] http://www.w3.org/mid/416BAEDC.1090008@hp.com
     [46] http://www.w3.org/mid/416BAEDC.1090008@hp.com
     [47] http://www.w3.org/mid/1096863927.30078.393.camel@seabright
     [48] http://www.w3.org/mid/87zn2qmq0a.fsf@nwalsh.com
     [49] http://www.w3.org/mid/261826281.20041005151434@w3.org
     [50] http://www.w3.org/mid/1096986336.3137.115.camel@cumulustier
     [51]
http://www.w3.org/mid/5.1.0.14.2.20041005223315.00bc3b50@127.0.0.1
     [52]
http://www.w3.org/mid/1E4A0AC134884349A21955574A90A7A50A1DF7@trebe051.nt
c.nokia.com
     [53] http://www.w3.org/mid/1097703874.30433.77.camel@dirk

   Resources
    1. [54]1st Last Call issues list ([55]sorted by section)
    2. [56]1st Last Call Annotated version of WebArch
    3. [57]List of actions by TAG participant
    4. [58]2nd Last Call WD
    5. Archive of [59]public-webarch-comment
    6. [60]2nd Last Call Comments Tracking page

     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html
     [58] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html

   updates?
     * ACTION DC: draft a request for proposed recommendation, based on
       Norm's draft.
     * ACTION CL: to cause draft of press release to happen

  2.2 Continue review of open issues

   Review will continue starting with [61]siteDate-36

     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#siteData-36

    2.2.1 status of Action Item status

   Report on completed actions.

   [62]httpRange-14
          ACTION DC: with Norm, develop a finding on httpRange-14
          starting with the HashSlashDuality text

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#httpRange-14

   [63]fragmentInXML-28
          ACTION CONTINUES: Chris: Write up a summary of the
 
resolution[64]http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fra
          gmentInXML-28

     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#fragmentInXML-28
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fragmentInXML-28

   [65]xmlProfiles-29
          ACTION Norm: Get XML Core WG to take on XMLProfiles-29

     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlProfiles-29

   [66]binaryXML-30
          ACTION: Norm to add xbc use cases to binaryXML-30
          ACTION Chris: Review the connection between the use cases and
          the taxomony on Chris's note

     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#binaryXML-30

   [67]metadataInURI-31
          ACTION Stuart revise finding (well overdue).
          ACTION Paul find out what happened to DaveO's action item
          there.

     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#metadataInURI-31

   [68]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
          ACTION Norm update the issues list to point to "The W3C
          Workshop on Web Applications and Compound
          Documents[69]http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary"

     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [69] http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary

   [70]xmlFunctions-34
          ACTION timbl take another stab at specifying the problem

     [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlFunctions-34

   [71]XMLVersion-41
          ACTION NDW: to report workplan and dates for Extensibilty and
          Versioning work..
          ACTION PC: solicit QA WG review of draft
          extensibility/versioning finding

     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#XMLVersion-41

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [72]TAG findings
     * [73]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[74]Abstract Component
References"
     * [75]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[76]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [77]metadataInURI-31
     * [78]siteData-36
          + "[79]There is no such thing as a Web site"
     * [80]xmlChunk-44
          + "[81]XML Chunk Equality"

     [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [73]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [75]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [76]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [77] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [79] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36
     [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlChunk-44
     [81] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlChunkEquality.html

     _________________________________________________________________


    Stuart Williams for TAG
    $Revision: 1.10 $ of $Date: 2004/10/14 17:50:11 $
Received on Thursday, 14 October 2004 17:55:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:43 UTC