W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2004

minutes Basel ftf 5-7 Oct 2004 for review

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:10:44 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1097511044.5269.426.camel@dirk>
TAG members, please review:

  Basel Meeting of the W3C Technical Architecture Group, 5-7 Sep 2004
  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/05-07-tag
  created by Stuart Williams, TAG co-chair
  DRAFT minutes by Dan Connolly
  with thanks to the scribes: Noah Mendelsohn, Norm Walsh, Chris Lilley,
  Tim Berners-Lee, Roy Fielding, Paul Cotton
  $Revision: 1.33 $ of $Date: 2004/10/11 15:55:42 $

In particular, Stuart, TimBL, Norm, I need some help with
the administrative section:

| Stuart offered regrets for 15th and 22nd Nov; NDW offered to chair 15
| and 22 Nov @@huh? I thought NDW was globe-trotting for most of Nov.

| @@was TimBL also unable to comfirm in-person attendance?

| @@the agenda said: Minutes from 19 July? @@


I invested some energy in formalizing the record, GRDDL-style.
Here's a list of actions... a goal of mine is to go via
RDF calendar to make these available in vCalendar TODO format,
but for now...


connolly@dirk:~/w3ccvs/WWW/2001/tag/2004/10$ make
xsltproc --novalid groktagftf.xsl 05-07-tag.html >05-07-tag-formal.rdf
xsltproc ../../../..//2001/sw/DataAccess/actions-txt.xsl
05-07-tag-formal.rdf >05-07-tag-actions.txt
cat 05-07-tag-actions.txt
 * Administrative
 * Convene, take roll, review agenda
 * Future meeting plans
 * Review of records
  - ACTION CL: Chris collect IRC logs from last f2f ( cf pointers for
assembling meeting minutes of 11 Aug) and turn into minutes.
 * TAG staff support
  - ACTION TBL: to investigate possible staff contact for TAG, due date
20 October 2004
 * TAG Charter, patent policy
  - ACTION SW: get a timescale from Ian about charter revision and
availability
 * AC report for TAG
  - ACTION PC: create draft summary for AC, get it to Steve Bratt by Oct
22
 * A review of the 28 Sep webarch draft
 * Representations overconstrained?
  - ACTION NM: to take a run through to see how generalizing
'representation' to be less constrained would look with more careful
terminology, report on whether this looks feasible or not.
 * WebArch LC#2 Comments
  - ACTION NDW: to note this thread [closed] in the archive per msg from
gk.
  - ACTION CL: to respond to the commenter for issue 8 pointing to the
new draft on extensibility
  - ACTION SW: to tell the commenter.
  - ACTION NDW: to fix cross references to "uri allocation" that read
"uri assignment"
  - ACTION SW: to make this response to Larry
 * Information Resources, Web Resources and httpRange-14
 * Information Resources, Web Resources and httpRange-14 (II)
 * Outstanding comments from the Quality Assurance Working Group
  - ACTION NDW: add "for more info, see also" link to a section of a QA
spec to 4.x
  - ACTION DC: Report back to QA on our disposition of their comments.
  - ACTION PC: solicit QA WG review of draft extensibility/versioning
finding
 * WebArch LC#2 Comments (II)
  - ACTION NDW: draft for section 3.3.1 to clarify primary/secondary
  - ACTION DC: make sure "web faster" doesn't bother the chair next time
he's doing an agenda
  - ACTION DC: point out new "URIs are central to web arch" text in
reply to Karl, ask if that satisfies
  - ACTION CL: respond to Karl regarding KD004
 * XLink-23, comments from HTML WG
  - ACTION SW: ask the HTML WG if the qualification we made regarding
XLink satisfies their comments.
 * Planning work on extensibility and versioning
  - ACTION NDW: to report workplan and dates for Extensibilty and
Versioning work.
 * Responses from Last Call commenters
  - ACTION DC: to reply to commenter re primary and secondary resources.
 * HTTPSubstrate-16
  - ACTION DC: recruit someone to write a counterpoint to RFC3205
CONTINUES
 * Information Resources, httpRange-14 (Thu)
  - ACTION SW: to respond to Pat Hayes, Patrick Stickler and Sandro
Hawke giving proposed resolution of Information Resource
  - ACTION DC: with Norm, develop a finding on httpRange-14 starting
with the HashSlashDuality text
 * Schedule for webarch end-game
  - ACTION NDW: to produce an editor's draft by 14 Oct (COB EDT)
  - ACTION DC: draft a request for proposed recommendation, based on
Norm's draft
  - ACTION CL: to cause draft of press release to happen
 * Adjournment, thanks to the host


-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Received on Monday, 11 October 2004 16:10:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:43 UTC