Updated rough draft finding on extensibility and versioning for F2F

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:07:39 -0800
To: <www-tag@w3.org>
I've attached an updated finding on extensibility and versioning for
review at the TAG F2F.  Norm and I do not consider it finished by any
means, but will provide enough for the TAG to guide us on further work.
And I don't want to go any further without doing a check point on it.

The major changes:

- There are now 2 parts: schema language agnostic, and schema language
specific parts

- The focus is now more on compare and contrast various styles, rather
than "there is only 1".  There are 4 distinct component version
identification strategies described, including schemas.

- Addition of material on language designer choices and decisions.

- Many other tweaks and additions.

There's much more to do, such as adding RDF/OWL and RelaxNG.  I've done
a stab at those already, and intend to further that comparison work.
There's a lot of cleanup to be done.

Cheers,

Dave

WebArchLanguages.gif
(image/gif attachment: WebArchLanguages.gif)

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)