Re: 3023 update (was Re: Agenda TAG Telcon: 8th Nov 2004)

Noah Mendelsohn writes:

> Chris Lilley writes:
>
> > - xml 1.1 or 1.0 (soap 10 only as schema is 1.0 only)
> > unclear areas
>
> Having missed this week's call, I'm not really sure what the context is
> for this discussion of 3023.   I did some coordination months ago with
> Murata-san as to treatment of xml 1.0 and xml 1.1 in 3023, and I believe
> the resolution we agreed was workable for SOAP 1.2.  I have not checked
> lately whether that resolution is in fact reflected in latest 3023 drafts,
> and given that I'm on an airplane at the moment I can't check just now. Is
> this something on which I need to follow up for Tag purposes?  Presumably
> XMLP can take a first cut at any issues relating directly to SOAP.  I'm
> cc:'ing David Fallside, XMLP chair, to keep him in the loop.  Thanks.

The draft I sent to Chris Lilley and Dan Kohn on October 6 says:

7.  XML Versions

   application/xml, application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and
   application/xml-dtd, text/xml(deprecated) and
   text/xml-external-parsed-entity(deprecated) are to be used with [XML]
   and [XML1.1].  In all examples herein where version="1.0" is shown,
   it is understood that version="1.1" may also be used, providing the
   content does indeed conform to [XML1.1].

   Specifications and recommendations based on or referring to this RFC
   SHOULD indicate any limitations on the particular versions of XML to
   be used.  For example, a particular specification might indicate:
   "content MUST be represented using media-type application/xml, and
   the document must either (a) carry an xml declaration specifying
   version="1.0" or (b) omit the XML declaration, in which case per the
   XML recommendation the version defaults to 1.0"

Is this good enough?  > Noah

However, this interim draft has not been published yet.  To keep the
ball rolling, I am going to submit this I-D soon.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>