RE: Thoughts on top-level domains, esp. .mobi

Given that the current top level domains already consist of non
mutually-exclusive sets, I don't see why the TAG should get exercised about
the issue at all.

Either we re-engineer from the bottom: but no-one is going to stop the world
while we get off and fix it; or we accept that there is no coherent taxonomy
from a single root, and it's thus a free-for-all.

Sorry for sounding cynical, but it's a bit late in the day. The best you can
ask for is damage-limitation and some valid "useful" criteria for accepting
or rejecting new proposals

Peter Brown