GET Finding: bad SOAP links and typo (was: Re: [Revised finding] URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP GET and POST)

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:30:06 -0500
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

I like this draft a lot, but want to raise a couple of basically clerical
issues.

Most importantly, you are still linking the PR versions of SOAP 1.2.  I
suggest that in your section 6 you consider instead links to:

        WebMethod Feature:
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#WebMethodFeature
        Use of RPC on the World Wide Web:
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#RPConWeb
        ---and if you want to call out the subsections of the above ---
        Identification of RPC Resources:
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#RPCWebArguments
        Disting. Resource Retrievals from other RPCs:
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#RPCResourceRetrieval

I think the first two are the more fundamental links (speaking for myself,
not XMLP).

Also, I found a typo at [1]:

"Indeed, if you use GET for interactions with side-effects, >your< make
your system insecure."

Should be:

"Indeed, if you use GET for interactions with side-effects, >you< make
your system insecure."

Otherwise, looks really good to me.  Thanks!

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20040321.html#safe

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation