Re: RDDL2 Background

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 07:35, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, 12:32:30 PM, Eric wrote:
>

> EvdV> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 09:01, Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> >> Actually, a small subset is publicly available:
> >>
> >> http://insee.dyomedea.com/public/DonneesDeBase/
> >>
> >> It's very preliminary, the RDDL markup hasn't been double checked, but
> >> that should give the idea.
>
> EvdV> If you bear the text which is in French and want to have a closer look,
> EvdV> a first official version has just been published at its namespace URI:
>
> EvdV> http://xml.insee.fr/schema/
>
> Interesting.

Thanks.

> Firefox 0.8 tells me that it is using quirks mode for this resource,
> which is served as text/html.
>
> Interesting to see what happened if it was treated as XML rather than
> to-be-fixed-up tagsoup by the browser - eg by serving as
> application/xhtml+xml

I'll ask if they can do that.

> What is xmlns:cr="http://dyomedea.com/ns/conciseRddl" used for?

It's yet another "XSLT namespace leak"... This namespace is used in the
source documents to provide shortcuts that eliminate most of the
verboseness to RDDL 1.0 at authoring time. It also provides shortcuts to
generate tables of contents, division numbering and indexes of
resources.

Eric
--
Lisez-moi sur XMLfr.